I have feelings about The Avengers
I planned on doing a "Quick & Dirty review" of the Avengers. I had also planned on there being at least SOMETHING I could nitpick. This turned out to be not the case. I've seen it twice now (and I'll be going again tonight) and I cannot find a single thing I disliked about it. In fact, the film has instantly jumped into my favourite films of all time, behind only Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
So instead of doing a "review" that's simply me gushing over how amazing it is, I bring you the top 5 things- no matter how unlikely- I want to see in the sequel (I'll try to keep this spoiler free, but it may be safer to not read on until you've seen the film).
- Joss Whedon to return as writer/director. This man knows how to do an ensemble story. No character seemed like they were pushed into the background. They all had their moments to shine and the battle choreography & cinematography was some of the best (if not the best) I have ever seen.
- Spider-Man. How I wish Marvel Studios had the rights to the character! (On another note, HOW EXCITED AM I ABOUT THE NEW SPIDER-MAN MOVIE?! Hint: very)
- Spider-Woman & Ms. Marvel. Two of my favourite Marvel heroes, and the cast is in dire need of more bad ass women.
- Redemption for Loki. I have some speculations about his character that I am saving for a future, mega spoilery blog post.
- THE VISION. I will go more in depth into this in the above mentioned post!